EFFECTIVE DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
Please note that we may update these Terms from time to time and we ask that our visitors periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these Terms. The most current version of these Terms will be posted on this page. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.
©2022 Cafesjian Art Trust. All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Site is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited as described in these Terms. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
Our Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted Personal Information on or through our Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
- For exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the CAT, a CAT employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To transmit any sexually explicit material.
To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the CAT or users of the Site, or expose them to liability. Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the CAT, its licensors, artists, or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Site, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this Site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Site.
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or any services or materials available through the Site.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Site in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Site will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Site or any content on the Site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the CAT. Any use of the Site not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
By voluntarily submitting information, communications, or content (including photos, videos, testimonials, reviews, and works of art) (each, “User Submission(s)”) to this Site, you agree that User Submissions are non-confidential for all purposes and you grant the CAT an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, adapt, make derivative works of, sublicense and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your User Submissions and all copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film or electronic storage devices), without compensation of any kind to you or any third party, and the right to include your name and city of residence in connection with any such use. Each User Submission is also subject to such other terms and conditions as any of the CAT may specify for particular submissions. By submitting User Submissions to us, you represent and warrant that you have full authority to grant the rights set forth above and that your material will not, in whole or in part, infringe the intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party. You further represent and warrant that you have attained the legal age of majority in your state/province. The submission of any User Submission in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of any of the CAT to post or use such User Submission or, if we do so, to give you credit. We may contact you via phone, email or mail regarding your submission.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
In the event we receive a copyright infringement notice, we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Site by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (the “DMCA”), the written notice (“DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
If you believe that material you posted on the Site was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter notification with us (a “Counter Notice”) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated above. Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter Notice must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.;
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address);
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which the Site may be found) and that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided the Site with the complaint at issue.
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against you within ten business days of receiving the copy of your Counter-Notice.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright or if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient protection to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE CAT NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE CAT MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE CAT NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CAT REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE CAT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE CAT AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the CAT, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Site’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms, or your use of any information obtained from the Site.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
All matters relating to the Site and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Site shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Minnesota, in each case located in the City of Minneapolis and County of Hennepin. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts